NJTeaParty.com (NJTeaParty) values your privacy. Please read the following information about how we handle your information. Your name and other information is NOT collected unless you specifically provide it. We will not sell or share your information. NJTeaParty does not send 'Spam'. We only communicate with our current members. If you believe you have received bulk e-mail from us, or have received a suspicious e-mail that appears to be fraudulent, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can investigate the matter. If you do not wish to receive further e-mail communications from us, please unsubscribe as stated in all our emails.
“User-Generated Content” as used in this Agreement means the video, text and image files which you and/or other users post, upload, link to and/or otherwise submit to the Site or Services.
While you own all of your own User-Generated Content, you hereby grant NJTP and its licensors a license to use and exploit your User-Generated Content. Notwithstanding the foregoing, NJTP reserves the right to delete and/or modify any User-Generated Content posted to the Site at any time and without warning. You represent and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to grant these licenses to NJTP and other NJTP users. If you contribute any User-Generated Content to a collaborative editing platform (a “Wiki”), you understand and agree that the collaborative and open nature of these platforms may result in other users editing or deleting your User-Generated Content. In this case, your contributions will be saved in the “history” section of the edited page. You are also permitted to edit other users’ User-Generated Content if posted on a Wiki, as long as such edits conform to the Comment Policy stated below.
You acknowledge that NJTP does not have any obligation to monitor User-Generated Content that is uploaded, posted, submitted, linked to or otherwise transmitted using the Site or Services, for any purpose and, as a result, is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, appropriateness, legality or applicability of User-Generated Content or anything said, depicted or written by users, including, without limitation, any information obtained by using the Site or Services or any edits made by other users to User-Generated Content which you have posted to a Wiki. NJTP does not endorse any User-Generated Content or any opinion, recommendation or advice expressed therein and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against NJTP with respect thereto.
The Site, Content and Services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United States and foreign countries. Except as expressly permitted in these Terms of Service, you may not reproduce, modify or prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, or otherwise use the Site, Content or Services. You will not remove, alter or conceal any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Site, Services, Content, User-Generated Content or related products and services. You may not make any commercial use of the Site, Content, Services or User-Generated Content without NJTP’s prior written approval.
You agree not to do any of the following while using the Site, Content, Services or User-Generated Content:
- Post, publish or transmit any text, graphics, or material that in NJTP’s sole discretion: (i) is false or misleading; (ii) is defamatory; (iii) invades another’s privacy; (iv) is obscene, pornographic, or offensive; (v) promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any individual or group; (vi) infringes another’s rights, including any intellectual property rights; or (vii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability;
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Site, in NJTP’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of in NJTP’s providers;
- Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- Attempt to access or search the Site, Content, Services or User-Generated Content with any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism other than the software and/or search agents provided, or specifically authorized, by in NJTP or other generally available third party web browsers (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox);
- Send unsolicited email, junk mail, “spam,” chain letters, or promotions or advertisements for products or services;
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or posting, or in any way use the Site, Content, Services or User-Generated Content to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Site, Content, Services or User-Generated Content;
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Site;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity; or
- Violate any federal, state, or local law.
NJTP will have the right to investigate and prosecute violations of any of the above, including intellectual property rights infringement and Site security issues, to the fullest extent of the law. NJTP may involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who violate these Terms of Service. You acknowledge that NJTP has the right to monitor your access to or use of the Site, Content, Services and User-Generated Content for the purpose of operating the Site, to ensure your compliance with these Terms of Service, or to comply with applicable law or the order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or other governmental body.
NJTP is designed as a place where users can freely discuss political issues with each other and to collaboratively contribute to the resources on the site. In order to ensure high-quality discussion and contributions, we have some simple and common-sense rules to follow. Failure to abide by these rules may result in a warning by NJTP staff or volunteer moderators, or in some instances (for particularly grievous offenses or after repeated warnings), suspension or termination of your commenting privileges, your account, or access to NJTP itself.
- Do not harass, stalk, bully, or otherwise abuse any user on NJTP. While we welcome healthy debate, there is a clear line between enthusiastic discussion and “flaming”. When in doubt, try to take a step back and see if your actions might be construed as an attack on someone as opposed to healthy disagreement. Remember, if someone harasses you, don’t harass them back – simply report the offending content to us.
- Do not post any content which could be construed as hate speech – this includes racism, sexism, homophobia, and other such content which may advocate bigotry.
- Keep posts on-topic. Discussion should remain centered around the topic of the page in question. While discussions can evolve over time, please try to keep your comments related to the original topic.
- Do not vandalize the site. This can include uploading objectionable content to your profile, maliciously deleting other users’ contributions or making inappropriate edits to the Wiki, and other such actions.
- Do not spam the site. Repeatedly posting identical comments (“flooding”), posting commercial messages, or the like are not conducive to the site’s purpose and we will respond accordingly.
- Do not post any content which is invasive of another person’s privacy. This includes posting an individual’s non-public email address, telephone number, address, or other personal details. For instance, posting a Senator’s public office telephone number is acceptable; posting their home telephone number is not.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Compliance
You will only upload, post, submit or otherwise transmit User-Generated Content: (i) that you have the lawful right to use, copy, distribute, transmit, or display; and (ii) that does not infringe the intellectual property rights or violate the privacy rights of any third party (including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property right, or moral right or right of publicity). NJTP has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are believed to be or are charged with repeatedly infringing the rights of copyright holders.
If you violate any of these Terms of Service, your permission to use and access the Site, Content, Services and User-Generated Content will automatically terminate. NJTP reserves the right to revoke your access to and use of the Site, Content, Services and User-Generated Content at any time, with or without cause. NJTP also reserves the right to cease providing or to change the Site, Content, Services or User-Generated Content at any time and without notice, in whole or in part.
Use of the Site at Your Own Risk
Your access to and use of the Site, Content, Services and User-Generated Content is at your own risk. NJTP will have no responsibility for any harm to your computer system, loss of data, or other harm that results from your access to or use of the Site, Content, Services or User-Generated Content.
The Site is Available “AS-IS”
THE SITE, CONTENT, SERVICES AND USER-GENERATED CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NJTP EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
NJTP MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE, CONTENT, SERVICES AND USER-GENERATED CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS. NJTP MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR INFORMATION PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, CONTENT OR SERVICES, OR THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, TRUTHFULNESS, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, CONTENT, SERVICES OR USER-GENERATED CONTENT.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM NJTP OR THROUGH THE SITE, CONTENT, SERVICES AND/OR USER-GENERATED CONTENT WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold NJTP, its officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with: (i) your access to or use of the Site, Services, Content and User-Generated Content; (ii) your violation of this Agreement; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any intellectual property right, including but not limited to right of attribution, publicity, confidentiality, property or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that your User-Generated Content caused damage to a third party, including, without limitation, claims that your User-Generated Content is infringing.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER NJTP NOR ANY OTHER AFFILIATED party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site, content, SERVICES AND USER-GENERATED CONTENT will be liable for any incidental, SPECIAL, consequential or PUNITIVE damages resulting from your access to or use of, or inability to access or use, the Site, content, SERVICES OR USER-GENERATED CONTENT, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) or any other legal theory, whether or not NJTP has been informed of the possibility of such damage, EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT NJTP IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. FURTHER, NJTP WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT UPLOADED ONTO, DOWNLOADED FROM, OR LINKED TO THE SITE OR THROUGH THE SERVICES.
YOU AGREE THAT THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF NJTP TO YOU FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, CONTENT, SERVICES OR USER-GENERATED CONTENT IS LIMITED TO TWENTY DOLLARS. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN NJTP AND YOU.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
NJTP encourages you to provide feedback, comments and suggestions regarding the Site, Content and Services, and provide responses to our user surveys (“Feedback”). Feedback may be submitted to: email@example.com. You acknowledge and agree that all Feedback will be the sole and exclusive property of NJTP and you hereby assign and agree to assign all rights, title and interest you have in such Feedback to NJTP together with all intellectual property rights therein.
Note About Children
This Site is not directed to children under 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our files.